I’ve been recently nominated for the Liebster Award! The Liebster Award is passed from blogger to blogger as a source of encouragement. Who doesn’t love to be encouraged? I am also nominating a few more local bloggers for this award.
Kim Collins, from the UnbookReport.wordpress.com nominated me. Kim’s blog gives an honest and refreshing opinion on current movies and books.
My Answer to Kim’s Questions:
- What’s your favorite author (all-time or current) and what is it about them you love so much?
Dr. Suess, because I have loved his books since childhood.
- Now what’s your favorite book/series and what’s the best thing about it?
The Xanth Series by Piers Anthony, because its fantastic and he makes me laugh!
- What’s your favorite podcast and why?
I don’t have one. I am open to suggestion.
- What’s the scariest unexpected scary scene you’ve ever read/watched/listened to?
We don’t go there… I am hiding under the covers and trying to forget it!
- Of the movie adaptations you’ve seen, what do you think was the best casting (whole show/movie or single character)?
Roots, from Alex Haley
- What was the latest, best piece of media (including books) that you consumed…or were consumed by?
Sens8, a NetFlix series
- What are your favorite kind of stories or characters?
A story about the downtrodden who overcomes all odds to survive and even thrive, especially during World War II.
- List three or so examples of the above, please:
Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank
Summer of My German Soldier by Bette Green
The Hiding Place by Corrie Ten Boom
- What’s the silliest thing you’ve recently done?
I put my hoodie sweathshirt on upside down and said I was starting a new fad.
- When was the last time you just curled up and read a good book/watched a good movie?
…It’s been too long.
- What was a book/movie/show/podcast that you were surprised you liked?
The Housewives of Beverly Hills. I never thought upper class housewives could be so entertaining!
- NatureArtAndPoetry.blogspot.com by Sherrie Lovler. A combination of nature art and poetry.
- MyManeBlowingintheWind.blogspot.com by Virginia Simpson-Magruder. On her discovery as a creative artist.
- PaintingBoldly.blogspot.com by Rachel Teannalach. Thoughts from an artist’s studio.
- TishaHandmade.blogspot.com by Tisha Thompson. On why and how she makes textile toys and accessories.
- AcrossTwoWorlds.net by Bruce Wydick. An economist’s opinion on world matters and helping the less fortunate.
- ShoshanaParry.com/blog by Shoshana Parry. On her journey as a ceramic artist.
Questions for My Nominated Ones:
- Why did you start blogging?
- Has it turned out to be what you expected?
- Does fine art make a difference in your life?
- What is your favorite fine artist, and why?
- What is your favorite color?
- What are you thankful for today?
- If I gave you popsicle sticks, what would you make with them?
- Puppies or kittens?
- Do you give enough time for your own art and crafts?
- Do you have a piece of wisdom to share with other artists?
Each Liebster Award recipient should:
- Post the award to his/her blog
- Answer the nominating blogger’s ten question interview
- Nominate 3-10 other bloggers with fewer than 3,000 followers whom he/she wants to encourage
- Create ten questions for the new nominees.